[Spridgets] battery types, absorbed glass mat or flooded lead acid

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 10:17:51 MDT 2022

List,
Sorry for this repost, but how do I know which battery I have in my
vehicles, the AGM (absorbed glass mat) or the other such as Group 24
flooded lead acid? I believe I ate 2 batteries on tenders this past winter.
I would like to get a small in size, sealed battery for my Sprite because I
have to remove the hood otherwise. However the sealed batteries can't be
tender charged because they are sealed. What is the group using?

I'm not sure if the batteries I have are any good as this is the first week
I'm home long enough to check. None of my batteries are sealed. Can I
assume the type of batteries I have are written on the battery or is there
another test to determine which type I have?

Let me understand this, the AGM battery cannot be tender charged or they
will die? But not necessarily sealed?

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/5-battery-types-explained-sealed-agm-gel.html

Thank you kindly,
Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut