[Spridgets] Gingerman 2022 Sprite Midget Race Series

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 12:12:59 MDT 2022

The following is our update on Gingerman coming up at the end of April.  There is another attachment that lays out this same information.
Gingerman 2022 SMRS Season Start Plans

All Spridgetolites!

Things are shaping up well for the Gingerman Driver Schooland Race Weekend April 29- May 1 ,when registering please remember to takeadvantage of early bird rates any time on or before April 19th alsomake sure you check the box for the exclusive Spridget Race.  We continue to be fortunate to have our ownexclusive race and it will only continue if we have decent numbers in this race(last year we had 22 Spridgets registered for weekend).  As of March 27 we had no Spridget DriverSchool Students register, which is a shocking contrast to last year when we had5.  If you know of someone that is aSpridget Student please let me know.  Ihave several Ace Factor Booklets that do a great job of providing knowledge onRoad Racing and Specifically Vintage Racing that I will forward to them so theycan gain knowledge before showing up for this highly recognized driver school.

Our Joint SMRS Brat lunch will maintain our traditionalprocess for Saturday and Sunday Group Lunch - SMRS will provide disposableplates, forks, napkins, chips, serving spoons, some condiments and grillsthanks to our sponsor Dave Kessinger.  Itis recommended that every Spridget Racer provide pre-boiled brats to lessengrease fires and shortening cooking time for serving this large group.  There will be 2 lunches, so determine theamount of crew and friends you have attending along with another 20% for othersthat help us to race like Tech Inspection and Corner Workers or new racers thatmay not be familiar with our process.  Otherdishes are appreciated.  In more recentlunches Stan Mason and his crew have taken on more responsibility in the actualcooking.  I would like others to take onmore responsibility in this area and am considering assigning specific groupsto assist. If you are interested in helping please contact me.

We will have SMRS regalia in Posters and may have stickerswith last year’s T-Shirts available as well.

This year we are recognizing our Female Racers.  I am proud that we have more female racers inour group and probably represent as much as 70% of total VSCDA femaleracers.  We have added the Pittsburg GPat Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in July to our calendar this year,which will include a special exclusive Spridget Race honoring Donna Mae Mimsthe first female to win an SCCA National Title in a Pink Bug Eye Sprite.

Plans for Gingerman Weekend (based on VSCDA 3/27/22 tentativeagenda):

Thursday April 28 - I will trailer up my Sprite around Noon andStake out the Spridget Paddock that is located in our traditional areaapproximately 100 ft   north of main gateon East Side of main road leading into track. This is also a great time to see what Spridget Driver School attendeesand introduce our self and offer support to them over Friday and throughout theweekend.

Friday April 29 - I will be at the track before 9AM toassist Driver School and Spridget Trailers Paddock Parking along with gettingthe Bug Eye Teched.  That evening’sdinner is always fun seeing some of those friends that you have not seen for 6months along with Student Graduation Certificates.

Saturday April 30th – We will be Race Group E (Group2) for the weekend, which is the last race group out for each session

7:45 AM - Mandatory Driver’s Meeting at start tower area

9:30 AM – Warm-up

11:30AM – Practice Session

Noon – SMRS Brat Lunch in Spridget Paddock

2:45PM –Qualifying (SMRS position points)

4:55PM –Sprint Race 1 (SMRS durability points)

5:30PM – Cape Of Good Portable Pub toasting andannouncements

6:00PM - Dinner

Sunday May 1st-

9:30AM – Sprint Race 2

12:55PM– Sprite Midget Exclusive Race 15 lap

(SMRSposition points)1:30 PM SMRS Brat Lunch and Spridget Race positionrecognition (this is a later lunch since the Spridget Race was after ourtraditional lunch time).

3:35PM Feature Race

Pack up and get ready for Black Hawk.

Stan Mason