[Spridgets] Tags and Titles rules for a Brit!

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 13:52:19 MDT 2021

Bill L wrote:
>  Title goes with the car, and the new owner will get a new title when he registers the vehicle.

And to add another correction, titles are issued by the state, so titles and proof of ownership varies by state. New Hampshire (NH) used to not issue titles for vehicles over 15 years old. They changed that so that if the vehicle has a title, it is issued a new title on change of ownership, even if beyond the 15 year time frame. And that got unwieldy, so they made 1999 a cutoff date.
https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/title/index.htm

I'm sure all of this information has clarified things for Weslake1330. :)  One thing we can all agree on is that "tags and titles" vary by state. It is best to check the local state authorities for particulars. And even the "local state authorities" will vary by state. That "independence" thing runs deep.