[Spridgets] Fuel Feed

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 00:20:09 MDT 2021

I have had a fuel delivery problem with my Bugeye for a while now.
Finally, the fuel just stopped getting to the engine.  The pump was running
furiously like it was dry.. Today I installed a ECCO fuel pump (Moss
377-176) on the vertical wall forward of the axle and plumbed it up leaving
the little square Facet pump in place just above the axle.  The thinking
was the fuel would flow right through the old pump I thought no longer
worked.  After installing the pump and wiring it up, I turned the key.  The
new pump sounded like it was working.  A heck of a lot quieter that the
Facet too.  The problem was gas was still not getting to the engine.  As
you can see in the picture the filter I installed between the tank and the
pump was bone dry.  The pump wasn't picking up fuel from the tank. Tomorrow
I will remove the old pump and replace it with fuel line so there is a
direct line from the tank to the new pump in case the integral filter in
the Facet is clogged.  If that doesn't get gas flowing,  I have a new
Bugeye tank that has been sitting on the shelf for several years.   One
step at a time.  I may just replace the whole system.  Who knows, maybe the
old Facet was still working.
Mike MacLean