[Spridgets] [External] 2nd fuel pump

Orkin, Jack L jorkin at emory.edu
Wed Oct 6 13:37:09 MDT 2021

Michael, see these articles by Dave Dubois, courtesy of Dave Braun:

http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/Back_up_Fuel_Pump.pdf

http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/SU_Fuel_Pumps_Facts_and_Myths.pdf

http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/

A Facet pump should be able to pull fuel from that location with no trouble.  And, yes, these pumps can pump through each other so putting a spare in line with the working one is easy to do.  After changing a pump in an Illinois corn field on a trip, I did just that when I got home.  I'll try to attach a picture of what I did.  Good luck.

Jack

Dave DuBois - dbraun99<http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/>
The Collected Writings of Dave DuBois. Dave DuBois was a gifted technician who started driving MG sport cars early on, and never ceased driving them as his family's "Daily Drivers".
www.dbraun99.com

SU Fuel Pumps Facts and Myths - dbraun99<http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/SU_Fuel_Pumps_Facts_and_Myths.pdf>
Title: Microsoft Word - SU Fuel Pumps Facts and Myths.doc Author: DuBois Created Date: 10/15/2012 8:03:26 PM
www.dbraun99.com

BACK UP FUEL PUMP by Dave DuBois - dbraun99<http://www.dbraun99.com/Dave%20DuBois/Back_up_Fuel_Pump.pdf>
BACK UP FUEL PUMP by Dave DuBois Talk about what spares to carry on a trip and just about everyone agrees that a spare fuel pump should be one of the primary items to carry.
www.dbraun99.com