[Spridgets] Datsun 5 Speed Clutch

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 23:44:29 MST 2021

You guys that have a Datsun 5 speed trans conversion using a modified
flywheel to accept a Datsun clutch assembly by Paul A., can you tell me
what slave cylinder you are you using?  Also, can you describe your pedal
feel.  I have always had a very stiff pedal that more or less acts like an
on and off switch.  All the action is a few inches up from the floor.
Moving from a standing start is difficult, but once moving, changing gears
is not a problem.  Very difficult not to chirp the tires in 1st or
reverse.  I am using the 948 slave cylinder which according to Paul A.
would be OK.  Just not fun to drive this way.  I have just converted to
disc brakes using a 3/4" Lockheed master.  Nothing will change for the
clutch as I had my original 7/8" master with a 3/4" sleeve on the clutch
side.  Have been thinking of re-engineering the clutch back to a 1275
clutch with a Spridget slave. I don't want to go to the expense if it won't
change anything.
Mike MacLean