[Spridgets] Mike's fuelish Bugeye

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 08:44:37 MDT 2020

Alrighty then! ( Ace Ventura moment!)I am smelling a rat in the fuel delivery system not the carb!First is your fuel pump set up at the tank or in the engine compartment??? ??That's a beginning.?? ??Pumps seem to like being close to the tank pushing fuel as opposed to being well away from the tank and pulling fuel.?? ??These fuel tanks have a fixed pick up tube in them that can be a real pain in the posterior if anything has obstructed the tube , end of the tube rusted off or a tank sealer applied and glued the tube shut or tank sealer applied wrong & peeling off , clogging the pickup tube.?? ??Another fun one ( happened to my car early in my ownership!) Is the lost has cap , rag stuffed in the filler neck and OOPS , rag ended up in the tank!?? ??Does nothing initially but eventually the electric pump sucked the tag against the pickup tube , and sediment fouled the rag and it acted like a blocked fuel filter.?? Started , ran for a bit and would quit...?? That drove me crazy until I dropped the tank , pulled the sending unit and looks into the tank !?? ????Mike somewhere you have a restriction keeping your fuel from freely flowing from the pickup in the tank to feed your pump.?? ??Possibly an internally collapsing rubber fuel line connecting pump to tank??? ??This ethanol fuel has done some rather odd stuff to rubber components over time.?? ??Just some thoughts which might point you in a direction of discovering what is wrong.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile