[Spridgets] Bob Kitterer

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Mon Jul 6 12:00:06 MDT 2020

Thanks for posting Rick.  Damn another great guy gone to fettle with our
cars that have also gone their way.  I, for one, would like further
details if you know any you can contact me off list.

We first met Bob in Green Bay WI where my son was at UWGB and he was
camping, of course, and had his prized Nevada Beige Sprite with the
dished grill he swore was original.  It became a running joke like the
rear bumpers on the Bugeye..."Aren't they upside down?"  They stayed at
our house a couple of times and I had the joy of getting to know this
knowledgeable, unselfish, "give you the shirt off his back" man.  The
last time I got to work with Bob was at Jim Johnson's Wild West OSHIT
gathering where he spent hours meticulously sizing and polishing a rear
oil seal kit that Mark Haynes was installing on Jim's engine.
Afterwards a great time was had having a brew and pizza while waiting
out a tornado, see picture (Bob's at the far end in a maroon shirt.)
Terri and I send our sympathies to the family and the AHCSD. There is a
void in our collective.  All those knowledgeable folks need to record
their knowledge so it is not lost.  I raise a glass of California Red to
Bob.

Be safe, stay well, stay alive!

Dave W.

'59 :{)