[Spridgets] Trying to diagnose an idle/stalling issue

Kurtis J. tr4driver at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:35:44 MST 2020

Greetings everyone.  I was semi-active on this list several (like 10) years
ago.  I have a 1959 Bugeye with a 1275 engine that had up until last month
been sitting dormant in my basement garage.  I have the car back on the
road and running fairly well, but I am dealing with an idle issue.

The card starts fine and will idle fine after it warms up; however, when
coming to a stop, the idle drops to a point where the engine will stall if
I don't give it a little gas.  After it catches back up, the car will go
back to idling fine.  Right now I have the idle set at about 1,000 rpms.

The plugs on the car look good, so I think the mixture is fine.  I have
played with the timing a little as well.  Any suggestions as to where else
to look?

Thanks,
--
Kurt Jones