[Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years

Jeff Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 14:45:34 MDT 2019

Went to pull my '73 Midget out of the garage 1/2 hour before a guy was
coming to look at it for sale this morning.

One touch of the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor! Cable broke
at the carb. I'd been careful to not talk much of a pending sale around the
car, but somehow it just KNEW, and it wasn't going to make the separation
easy on me!

THIS is why I was reluctant every time a prospective buyer asked "will I be
able to jump in and drive it _XXX_ miles back home?"

I remembered a conversation on here from years back - probably from Frank -
about using a bicycle shift/brake cable.

Quick trip across town and back, a cheap $4 to the local bike shop, and
maybe 3 minutes work and it's "go time" again!

This is the second time I've let this car go. The new-to-Spridgets buyer is
from northern Illinois, 3 hours away. I doubt I'll ever see the car again,
let alone have the opportunity to buy it a 3rd time. ;)

Great bunch of guys and gals here on the Spridget list. I haven't been
"active" on here for several years but will miss the camaraderie, and the
comedy.

I have passed info about the list, and the Spridgets Facebook group, to the
new owners so you may have a new member soon. They seemed like a decent
couple, prepared to take good care of my car - so I even included the
freshly powder coated, vintage, Autopower roll bar that I hadn't yet
installed or mentioned in the ad.

Farewell my friends. Safety fast!