[Spridgets] Fw: A few updates Frank-ly speaking

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Oct 20 10:48:24 MDT 2019

    The last week has been literally " electrifying"!Cutting the blank fiberglass front fenders for headlights & turn signals , drilling mounting holes once, and NOT screwing it up!   Plugging in all kinds of stuff to a seriously cut apart and modified stock front and rear wire harness has been rather interesting to say the least!  Installing the now finished in wrinkle finish black with a leather grained vynal trim strip across the top edge dash did not go smoothly but , it is in the car.   For reasons I'm am soooo thankful for , I put the dash in the car with the main harness attached to everything.  So as of 2 days ago here is where the car stands electrically speaking:Positive battery cables accommodating the required master battery switch done.Electric cooling fan circut with indicator lamp done.Fuel pump switch with indicator lamp done.Ignition switch with indicator lamp done.Battery master "kill" switch done.Turn signals with indicators ( and they cancel too!) done.Low/high beams with high beam indicator done.Park lamps done.Instrument illumination done.The Summit Racing MSD box wired & plugged in.Fuse box installed.Brake lights done.Coil is wired.The wire to energise starter solenoid is completed ( and tested) .Horn circut exists but not tested and end of turn signal stalk is the horn button.I can not begin to ramble on about damaged light sockets and improper ground issues that gave me issues !   Every light now lights with the proper command and that's huge for recycling part of a factory harness and fabricating the rest.Other stuff:Fuel line from fuel pump (mounted in trunk area) through interior to the under hood fuel distribution block is 1 continuous length of braided AN-6 line ( a remnant from another project).Quick release steering wheel hub was centered and not only welded to the steering shaft but cross drilled for a hardened roll pin.Steering column shortened about 3" and upper column new mounts fabricated.Mounts for the lap belts & anti sub. belt installed.  All bolt in rollbar hardware removed and replaced with a couple new bolts and all new lock washers and nuts.A custom main chassis ground lug installed in the interior adjacent to the marine type battery box.  The negative battery cable needs tobe fabricated .A custom manufactured cut down windshield frame ( 4" high on both ends) with Lexan windscreen has been completed.Interior of car painted gray.  ( nothing fancy!)Fuel pump & filter mounted in the trunk.Welded 4.22 diff in rearAll new urethane rear suspension bushingsPanhard rod now properly installed & adjuster.Ventilated rear brake backing plates.All new brake & clutch tubing ( new clutch hose) ( new brake hoses)Rebuilt F. Calipers    "         brake master cylN.O.S.   clutch master cyl   "           clutch slave cylComplete functioning emergency brake.Double bearing rear hubs Alloy finned rear brake drums.Hardest production axles installed.Anti-tramp bars .N.O.S.  rear shocksNew rear shock linksOffset rear leaf springsAll new front suspension bushingsRebuilt set of lower control armsTapered roller bearing  front hub bearingsNew 3/4" front sway bar mounted in solid mounts with adjustable end links.Complete car is significantly lowered!BHP Development custom side exhaust header.  ( needs to be fitted once an engine with head are in the car!)Freshly built straight cut transmission with reverse lock out.This is where the car stands today.I truly believe Frank would have driven it like he stole it once the motor gets built!  ( I know we will!!!)  There still is quite a bit to do on this car!   And a few missing bits.Thank EVERYONE!ChuckSent from my LG Mobile