[Spridgets] Brake Bleed From Hell Yesterday!

JMFangio oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Fri Jun 28 06:51:41 MDT 2019

First, using your “oh so shitty’ Mityvac, you did put some grease around the nipple being bled right?  It’s important as air will come in through the threads.  In fact air coming in is most likely from there or from the master if you ran out of fluid.  I haven’t had much luck with Mityvacs either FWIW.

Second, yup, put the drum on and roll away.

Third, just to be sure, the adjuster on the wheel you are putting back on needs to be all the way in, second getting the shoes aligned perfectly to get the drum back on takes a little fiddling, if there is rust on the edge of the drum (where it first contacts the shoes going on ) that won’t help things.

Lastly, the wheel cylinders are inexpensive, get new ones.

Lester