[Spridgets] I had forgotten!

Weslake1330 weslake1330 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:55:23 MST 2019

Hi List,

I got the 3 into 1 CV manifold back from being coated today and fitted it
to my Sprite.  It was fiddly to fit but eventually all three pipes were in
the collector box ok and I tightened it up with ARP stainless steel bolts
and nuts (not nylock).  I figure if the manifold lasts 5 years before it
needs recoating and a total of ten years after that it will be safe for me
to tell my wife how much it cost.

I had forgotten what?

To connect the throttle cable back to the carb - nope

To fit the fuel line to the carb - nope

To fit the system pipe and silencer to the manifold collector box - nope

How cold it would be in the garage - nope

How loud the Sprite is running the engine without having fitted the system
pipe and silencer - Yep.

Wow, I couldn't believe how loud it was, even on what passes for idling.
It also ran nice and clean with no spitting, popping or backfiring despite
the cold weather.

Of course I did this on purpose since it's really rare I get to hear the
Sprite running on an open pipe. Also I have a new stainless steel clamp on
order for the system pipe to manifold collector that simply hasn't arrived
yet.  I do have an alternative clamp but while made in stainless it has a
conventional bolt and on the clamp I removed the bolt was heavily rusted -
hence a replacement with a stainless bolt (that I plan to replace with an
ARP stainless bolt)

So having given the neighbours something to complain about I wanted to
share it with the list.

Regards

Daniel