[Spridgets] Detroit locker?

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 12:19:09 MDT 2019

I don't have a locker, but I do have a pair of welded spider gears, -i.e.
the dragster's locker. They give just a little bit of freedom to the gears,
but when they lock, they lock. It's a better way to lock the gears than
trying to weld a plate directly onto the teeth, The grooves between the
teeth are filled with weld on both sides of the side gears, it makes
cleaning the gears to get a better weld MUCH easier, so the quality is
better (I had them welded by an aerospace welder when I worked with those
types).
Not as much slack before locking as a locker, so there's no sudden onset
mid-corner.
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward