[Spridgets] Stock front sway bar question?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 13:45:13 MDT 2018

    I'm.searching for a 3/4" front sway bar if anyone would like to donate it to Frank's Midget project.In the mean time I'm installing a stock sway bar.  I have cleaned , wire wheel'd , run taps and dies in and over everything to be certain I do not crossthread or strip any of the recycled parts.Now here comes the question!( I have no experience with these stock skinny sway bars!)On the Bar , between the 2 frame mounts are 2 , two piece ( held together with machine screws) items that look like they are supposed to limit the sway bar in any right or left movement.  I'm guessing to keep the sway bar centered.  ??Do they belong slid up to the frame mount bushings and then secured in place or is there a distance they are supposed to both be spaced away from the bushings??The sway bar that was on Frank's Midget had none.   The parts car had a set BUT they were about a inch and a half away from the frame mount bushings.  Am I missing something in their intended use or approximate adjustment?I intend to put them on the stock sway bar in Frank's Midget. They are all cleaned and painted awaiting some sage advice.I'm.inclined to put them in about 1/8"-1/4" away from the bushings.   But having never fooled with these cute little trinket looking bits before, I'm betting there is or was an adjustment intended or why would they exist?  Possibly to deflect oil from the front seal from the sway bar frame bushings?  ( I know!   I just could not resist!)Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile