[Spridgets] Here we go!

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 10:31:33 MDT 2018

    After cleaning out the car and sorting out the bits and pieces I'm ready to start on Frank's race car.The fossilized slicks have been dismounted and disposed.   I have the car on four tires that will roll the car around.  Today I'm unbolting the steering rack and the whole front suspension.   Once all that has been decreased , bead blasted & painted , the entire front suspension is going to be reinstalled in a "once & done" operation.As soon as the front end is on the ground , the rear goes up in the air.  I need to detrrmine what ratio gear set in in the car and mark it accordingly.  Then assemble the rear brakes with a working emergency brake.  First goals are front suspension .   then rear suspension and rear brakes.  Imediately afterwards the brake hydraulics need to have the plumbing replaced. A that point it will have the suspension and mechanical & hydraulic brakes done.  There is a lot of body work to be finished.  Somewhere in all this I'm painting the interior battleship gray again.  Once that is accomplished the drive shaft and transmission will be stuffed into the car.   I'm offered 2 days a week off from my new job.   Today is #1 of 2.Updates to come!Kevin and Ron are the super motivators in the harvesting missing parts.  I can use any and all help in gathering the missing parts for this project.This car is tugging at my heart strings.   Frank's father was my cut vynal person.  He's retired from the business I was told.   I'm looking for someone who can supply "spridgets list" cut graphics like adorn my '60 Saab race car's quarter Windows for the right and left quarter panels of this car upon completion.  This car was blue when new.  The early 70's blue.   I'm leaning towards that color for it's finished color ( as of right now). Enough for now.   More to come.ChuckOut to thrash away!

Sent from my LG Mobile