[Spridgets] 1275 with headers exhaust?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 20:23:00 MDT 2018

    Considering I'm better known for racing my 1960 saab 93F , I'm very aware of decibels.   Kinda explains why I have my own meter?  LOL!We encountered ( a number of years ago) a huge amount of prejudice towards the saab and rotary powered RX7's with the Pennsylvania hillclimb association.  After a few events the individuals objecting to our alleged offensive noise .....backed off significantly!   Why you ask??   It was determined the MAC's, MGB's and spridgets were producing high enough levels that they should have been protested , not our saab nor the mazdas.  Rotarys & 2 strokes have piercing high pitches, but not near the SCCA maximum allowed Db limits.  And I'm aware of troubling road and lime rock with restrictions.    I did add a turn down to attempt to be kind to our starting line workers at hillclimbs but it had no bearing on our Db readings.  Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Bob SpruckDate: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 9:21 PMTo: spridgets at autox.team.net;crusaderchuck55 at aol.com;Subject:Re: [Spridgets] 1275 with headers exhaust?
    FYI - One thing to consider is          noise limits at the tracks you plan to race at. I race at Road          Atlanta which has none but the limit at Roebling Road is 104          decibels for vintage cars. I am also a Tech Inspector for VDCA          and warn new drivers of the consequences of too loud exhaust.          They send you home! Most drivers have designed a swiveling,          down-turned tailpipe extension that can be pointed away from          the meter at the sound station. Some drivers have had to          install a muffler (what heresy!). A friend in a Turner had to          back off at a point about 1/3 down the front straight, where          the sound meter was. Really impacted his racing and happiness          (and safety). The neighborhood monitors impose LARGE fines to          the track for those over the limit.    Just sayin'.    Bob Spruck