[Spridgets] Spridget Insurance

Kevin Valentine kevinv1275 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:05:31 MDT 2018

I'd like to weigh in on this.....

A few years ago there was a very bad situation in Scottsdale (Russo and
Steele) at their auction in (2010).

Mckeel Hagerty (CEO) offered to cover any of the cars that were purchased
at the auction prior to the storm (for the new owners who did not have time
to get the cars covered before the storm caused all the damage).

I have a lot of respect for a company who is willing to take responsibility
seriously even if it means it will cost them $$$.

I've not had any claims with Hagerty, so I can't speak from experience.  I
have 2 Midgets insured with them.

Here's a story about the 2010 situation;

https://www.sportscarmarket.com/columns/legal-files/who-pays-at-russo-and-steele

Here's an article concerning the event and Hagerty's quick response;

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2010/01/26/russo-auction-presses-forward

Kevin V.
Tuscarora, Pa