[Spridgets] Frank-ly engrossed?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 16:23:09 MDT 2018

    Allen,  I've saved nothing personally.  I do have an "on the trailer" picture and a few pictures I've saved here and there.  I have not preserved any of the posts to any "file" anywhere.   To be honest , I've just been trying to source all that was missing and through the thorough inspection of everything undoing a lot of poor engineering and /  or hurried repairs with pieces of "stuff" from , at best questionable sources and then over 20 years passed & sadly during that period of time Frank passed away.  I've Been amazed at metric hardware, ungraded hardware, damaged hardware and every piece of rubber dry rotted or split or....literally gone.   The car is not a restoration.   It will be driven like it was stolen!  Since I already own a very fast and extremely agile car with well balanced brakes...I know EXACTLY what I'm expecting from the Midget the very first illegal test drive well before it's ever finished.   There are 2 items the Midget is missing that my Bugeye has: a positraction unit and a straight cut BMC transmission.   Those items eventually will present themselves over time.  But brake bias and body roll are expected to be very very similar. Also the end ( completed car) weight should be a bit lighter than my Bugeye.  That said I expect a similar throttle response on hard acceleration .  I believe my expectations are realistic , based upon past experience.  So I'm expecting a rather "snappy" LBC that should turn heads and give some of the local tuner boys something to talk about.....But as far as chronicling goes....I've deleted a lot of "how it looked" pictures on my phone.  Now I can say the modifications to the suspension are very interesting!   Some rather "period" 1970's stuff and some ingenious home made stuff, which reeks of personal interpretation of the SCCA GCR's.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile