[Spridgets] Air Pressure & Lug Nut Torque

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 14:59:05 MDT 2018

    So like when the wheels on the bus go round and round.  In a front wheel drive world , 30-34 in rear and 36-38 in front to stiffen side walls ...although some white shoe polish on the sidewall so you can see how much roll the side wall has and a digital pyrometer and you read temperatures on both edges of the tread and the center to determine how hard your tire is being "worked".In my sports racer it's 10 up front and 12-13 in the rear tires for an 800 pound car...Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Ron Soave via SpridgetsDate: Tue, Aug 28, 2018 4:44 PMTo: Mike Rambour;Spridgets;Subject:Re: [Spridgets] Air Pressure & Lug Nut Torque
Heat. Your increased load causes heat. You want higher pressures for increased sidewall strength, btw. The math is simple -
 PV=nRT. V is constant, so as T increases, P increases. Or, simplified, the density of air is
2.7*P/T. As t increases, the air expands in a given volume and pressure increases.
Ron Soave