[Spridgets] turn the key, and - click!

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 11:31:24 MDT 2017

In addition to the other good advice, I would start by charging the new
battery first. You should charge a new one to capacity prior to "flashing"
it for the first time. All that means is start with a completely charged
battery before putting a heavy load on it. Since you have already cranked
it until it slowed down, it probably did not have a full charge right off
the shelf.

Also check to see if the starter pinion is stuck in the ring gear. It may
not have retracted after the final cranking attempt. That would cause a
clicking sound... Just put the car in neutral and turn the engine by hand
to see if it is stuck.

Kent

--
Kent