[Spridgets] Body stripping

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Wed Jul 5 09:29:26 MDT 2017

  I do have a healthy compressor, a big boy 2-stage 5HP with 80gal
tank.  I tried sand blasting with my neighbors Harbor Fright el-cheapo
sand blaster and sand from Home Depot (play sand and yes I used a proper
fresh air supply so no worries about silicosis) but the thing kept
clumping up the sand and clogging.  With the small nozzle, I figured it
would take forever to sand blast the body if I got proper media, that I
can't seem to find locally.  I have a small soda blaster, the little
portable 10lb. one from Eastwood, it did a nice job a 1/8" at a time.
Will a proper pressure blaster with Aluminum Oxide media really work
that much better. I don't mind buying tools :)

     mike

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.