[Spridgets] No electrics at all got home somehow.

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 03:11:46 MDT 2016

    Alrighty then!   Replace the throttle cable.   Then check the engine-transmission ground to be certain the throttle cable is not acting as a ground!   Next up, ground from battery to body followed by the wire harness grounds.   On the wiring harness side of the Lucas reality .  .all of the bullet connectors that are black covered where bullet connectors connect to each other.  They corrode inside and are usually overlooked.  And be certain the fuses are clean on both ends and the clips that hold both ends of the fuses in the fuse box are clean.  That is the start of hunting down the culprits.   When I did the wiring in my car I bead blasted the black connectors and used dielectric grease during reassembly to deter corrosion growing where I could not see it.  And yes I have had a throttle cable bind and upon disassembly found signs of it having acted as a ground.ChuckBeen there....broke that.....Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Linda Grunthaner via SpridgetsDate: Mon, Jun 13, 2016 2:18 AMTo: Spridget list;Brad Fornal;David Lieb;Subject:[Spridgets] No electrics at all got home somehow.
OSHIT, it's not the pump it's the entire electrical I have no power. Well that explains everything a massive short or something. I tested the battery this morning with over 12 volts I tossed on a slow charge anyway being the battery is 10 years old. I also had my genny rebuilt by a elect genny rebuilding guy I know several years ago (not cheap) so it can't be the penny and 1 mile can't kill the battery can it?
I'll start checking around the lucas nightmare and get back, tips welcome I have many volt meters....wink.Lin
--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut