[Spridgets] Master cylinder

mdrowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Mon Jul 4 09:10:42 MDT 2016

My BE master cylinder is backflowing into the reservoir when the pedal
is released; I can see it.  The pistons are Gerard's; the rubber bits
are new.  I am not sure what else is new, as it was rebuilt when not
needed by the same mechanic who advanced the cam 18 degrees.

Long ago, there was a problem with the mushroom-shaped plastic bit on
the outer end of the spring.  That was replaced by Gerard.  Also, Gerard
and others have suggested that the rear brake springs can suck up fluid
if the pads are loose; with the emergency brake set, that should not
happen.

It seems to me that there can be only two causes:  1) The check valve
has failed.  2) The push rod is the wrong length exposing the hole into
the reservoir when it should not.

Any advice?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite