[Spridgets] Fwd: Generator to Alternator Conversion....1971 MGMidget

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Mon Jun 1 19:56:36 MDT 2015

Here is what is on the Internet on the subject.

https://www.google.com/#q=1+wire+spridget+alternator

I put a 1-wire alternator on my 1959 Datsun L521 1300/1500cc engine.

The engines are similar to the Spridgets.

The alternator I used was from NAPA. Number on it is 250203 0364 21 R 14231

The thing is to get the pulleys lined up so the belt runs true.

I used a piece of threaded stock and a bunch of nuts/washers to mount it to
the existing gen mounting tabs on the block.

http://www.97330.com/AlternatorL521_mounting.html

Then you have to fabricate an adjusting bracket to keep the belt tight.

I made a lot of work out of it because I wanted an alternator.

Bill in Oregon

  _____