[Spridgets] Brake Questions

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Mon Jul 27 12:27:14 MDT 2015

Bob,

If I remember correctly, the lip seals will tolerate up to .006”. I’d have to double check to make sure that’s a correct figure, but you are well under the limit anyway if your numbers are correct.

The clutch master cylinder will do well to have a remote bleed setup, which entails either a hard or a flex line up into the engine bay. I have been using this modification on all my car for about 20 years now, and it will cut time to bleed the clutch from hours to minutes. I’ve attached a sample pic of how I did it on my ’68 Sprite, but any variation on this them is fine. A speed bleeder on the end is a good option too. I have a flex line kit I can supply.

As far as the brakes, did you make sure to install the restricter valves in each of the ports? Is the link between the front and rear piston intact. If they are not linked, there’ll be no rear brake activity, and the won’t bleed. Did you install the distribution valve with the shuttle valve? If so, have you checked to see if it’s centered.

Let me know.

Gerard