[Spridgets] Lining up the Fulcrum cotter pin...

GUY DAY grday at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 19 01:46:54 MDT 2015

I've always been able to line things up by eye when rebuilding the suspension.
<snip> Additionally, there is only one grease zerk on the steering rack on the passenger side. <snip>   This is not a GREASE zerk it is an OIL  zerk.  (Check Google 'images') and you need an oil gun.  This is similar in appearance to a grease gun but the 'ejection end' does not clamp round the zerk but 'rests' on top and relies on direct pressure to stop the oil squirting everywhere.  It does, especially when the spring under little ball has rusted and clogged up and the ball won't move under the pressure of the oil.  If you have a needle or sharp corner on a small screwdriver press the ball in first to make sure it is free.  If you know someone with a lathe they will probably have an oil gun you could borrow.
The other and commonly used solution is an ordinary squirting oil can with a longish thin nozzle that will slide under the rubber boot at the end of the steering rack (loosen the clip first!) and fill from the ends.  This is a better solution if the rack is empty of oil.
Guy R Day