[Spridgets] Nuts for Wire Wheels Frogs.

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 03:02:16 MDT 2015

Nylock nuts are designed to be used more than once.  It's important  with
any super-critical nut to torque them up with a torque wrench. Often what
can cause the nut to work loose is a soft metal washer or lock-tab  underneath
them.  I though the Leacy Classics price (came up in UK £s) was  expensive
at something like 82 pence unless that was for a set of 4.  For  anyone,
especially all you 'mericans, try _www.aircraftspruce.com_
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com)  who are your  side of the pond and don't mind really small
orders.  It's possible to  order aviation grade locknuts or aviation grade
stainless steel locknuts.   Sometimes I'll use an ARP 12 point stainless nut
which doesn't have a nylon  insert but torqued correctly doesn't come undone.  I
guess it's possible to  use threadlock in an appropriate grade and I use
brake cleaner to clean the  threads first before using it when I do.

Regards

Daniel