[Spridgets] Parts Needed

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:17:44 MDT 2014

I am trying to help my sister who lives on a ranch outside of Chico Ca. A
few years ago she fell in love with a Bugeye, stock in nice condition very
original with the 948 and smooth case.

A mechanic she used and trusted in her area, a guy who loved to work on our
cars has passed away.  So she is now a bit concerned about finding an
honest mechanic.

I told her that most mechanics are not oriented to our cars, but with the
right parts, and the simple nature of working on a Sprite, a good mechanic
would be able to take care of it for her.

So I am trying to find a rib case for her and an original throwout bearing.

I am running an original TB and it is holding up fine . . but the one I
bought via Moss a few years ago broke apart like hard cheese after about
500 miles.  I am going to check eBay before I send her my last original TB
that I have been keeping.

So two questions:

Does anyone have a source on a solid rib case and also, there is an adaptor
plate she will need to attach the rib case to a 948?

Thank you so much!

Kirk