[Spridgets] Gas Tanks

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Sun Mar 16 14:05:01 MDT 2014

Ed,  I bought one from Peter C. in about 06 or 07.  I had a couple of
issues: the olive fitting was too deep and the stock pipe wouldn't quite
tighten up.  I ground down a washer to take up the slack and all was
good.  The filler neck was a little off the hole in the boot.  I cut the
pipe and spliced in a rubber hose and a later filler pipe so I could use
my Monza filler cap.  About 6 months after Peter shipped it to me he
sent me a note asking about the filler neck fit but since I modified it
anyway I couldn't verrify that there was a problem.  I'll bet that Peter
remembers the issue and could give you some good advice.  The other
thing missing from the tank was the drain plug, not a problem for me.  I
used a spray can of truck bed liner material to coat the tank and it has
been good since.

Mark
Nashville