[Spridgets] 1275 clearance in FROG AYE

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Fri Feb 14 12:52:28 MST 2014

Hal,

Changing motor mounts will alleviate issues with pressing motor mounts
forward, but the real issue is the distance from the rear trans mount location
to the front crossmember where the steering racks attaches. Having installed
many of Pauls kits over the years, I knew this was an issue. There were
several problems with the Morrisservice mount that I corrected. One was that
the front bolt in the bottom plate performed as a stop. With the bolt
extending down, it hits the frame, preventing the mount from moving any
farther rearward. I not only changed this by making all the bolts countersunk,
I also spend a lot of time refining the placement of all the bolt holes. This
means that my mount will allow the gearbox to sit a little more toward the
rear (approximately1/4), and all the holes that secure the mount to the
body/chassis now line up perfectly. Previously, in most cases, only 3 of the 4
would line up.

You can probably accomplish the same result regarding placement by elongating
the holes in your mount to allow the top plate to shift everything further
back. Unfortunately, there isnt any other way to resolve this without at
least pulling the engine far enough forward to remove the rear mount.

I hope that helps.

Gerard