[Spridgets] Corrosion protectors

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Thu Dec 4 11:23:18 MST 2014

Hi folks,

Yesterday I took the battery out of my Sprite to clean all around the
battery tray and firewall. That area was a problem during the
restoration in 2008 so I want to keep up with corrosion. I found the
area to be in great shape. I cleaned up a little bit of dirt and dust
and then gave the area a good wash with baking soda and water.

When I installed the battery in '08. I used some of those Christmas
colored Terminal Corrosion Protectors. I don't know if they did a
spectacular job of preventing corrosion or if the liberal dose of
dielectric grease did the job - or both. Anyway, I got to wondering
how long those terminal protectors last. I did pick up new protectors
at the parts store today, but haven't been able to find any
instructions that say how long they last. Checked the Internet and
didn't find anything there.

Does anyone know how long terminal protectors are good for before
they go terminal? (Autocraft Part # AC619)

Tim