[Spridgets] Alternator Conversion

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 9 23:03:11 MDT 2013

I am using a 1993 vintage Honda Prelude alternator.

I did have to do a hacksaw cut to the aluminum housing for the mounting ear
to the block.
Outside of that I am quite happy with the fit and compactness of the unit.

I also had to change the pulley to a single v grove type.

When I was searching for the pulley, I ended up going to an alternator
rebuild place near me.
The guy was real knowledgeable.  He said I should have come to him in the
first place as he
had done this type of conversion many times.

So my advice is if you have a rebuilder in your area then go talk to him.
They really know their stuff.

You can see my alternator here...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm135/brokencase_photos/getting%20close/I
MGP1383-01.jpg

It's funny to look at that picture, everything is so nice and tidy in that
engine bay as I was restoring it.
Now that I've been driving it for the past few years that engine bay don't
look so pristine.
Best laid plans of mice and men...

If you need detail as to how it's wired then just email me.  I used Frank
Clarici's instructions and
my generator relay box is now just a terminal block.