[Spridgets] No LBC - Computer Virus Question(s)

Greg Gowins cartman at rcn.com
Tue Mar 13 21:53:46 MDT 2012

If you've done all that, and the virus is still there, you more than likely
have what is called a 'rootkit'.  These nasty buggers can hide themselves
in parts of the hard drive that don't get overwritten when you re-format,
and they just come right back and make themselves home again when you
reinstall.  You can probably tell which variant you have based on the
website it is trying to get you to load.

Greg