[Spridgets] Electrical Saga part 3 of 3

lotuspilot at frontier.com lotuspilot at frontier.com
Fri Jul 27 05:27:46 MDT 2012

I just figured all Spridget junkies like us had a salvage yard of old and
dying Spridgets out back ;^).

I didn't even notice the mis-spelling.  I need
to work on my own spell checker.

A little about what I have been up to:

I have been working on my '62 Sprite/Midget.  It really is a Spridget as I
used the best no rust parts from several cars to build one really nice one.
It ended up a Sprite as that is mostly what it is and I like the simplicity
and lack of chrome on a Sprite.  I also had a full race suspension from a race
Bugeye that I had.  Magnesium 4 in. A.R.E. Silverstones that fit within stock
rear wings.  Later-'68 brake set-up and pedal box.  Nice roll bar that I hope
not to bump my head on.  Hot 1275 .020 over -alum flywheel, aluminum cyl.
head, aluminum wherever else I could put it.  I wish that I could turn it into
a Coventry Climax.

I am use to driving either of my Lotus Sevens with
A-series engine and the Sprite has a severe disadvantage in acceleration I
have noticed.  Top speed seems similar though.  The Sprite seems more "stable"
at higher speeds.  Must be a result of the 700 lbs of extra girth.

This
coming Winter, I will finish the '61 Bugeye that I have been working on for a
decade now.  I am trying to slim down what I have as there is only so many
hours in a day for upkeep and too many irons in the fire leads to less
enjoyment of what you really want to enjoy.  The Bugeye will have original 5
in. magnesium minilites with original alloy lug nuts - 1275.  Original Sebring
Sprite pedal box with Girling master cylinders - Works hardtop etc., etc.

Thanks,

Mike