[Spridgets] replacement top

Allen Hefner lbc77mg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:37:02 MDT 2012

I haven't seen much response to your querie, Gary, so here is my take.

I had a '77 Midget, so this advice may not work for a BE. Yours is a
removable hood, mine had an attached frame.

When I bought the car, there was a brand new, still in box Amco hood. What
was left on the frame was strips of tattered old material. I ordered a new
header seal and proceeded to install my first hood. Everything went
extremely well, and it fit perfectly. No leaks, except around the roll up
windows, which never seal well in these cars.

If you can find an Amco hood, you may want to try it. I can't find anything
on any company called Amco today. www.amcoauto.com sells tractor parts.

If you find a good, working hood, please post back to the list so all will
benefit.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA