[Spridgets] Weber DGAV carb questions

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 06:55:29 MDT 2012

Single SU FTW!
SUs are great carbs.  Twins can be temperamental but a single HIF6 is
a nice setup.  I sourced a manifold and bought 4 HIF6s from a Volvo
guy for $50.  Volvos came with two HIF6s, one with a choke (fuel
enrichment circuit) and one without.  Once you get the
needle/spring/fluid combo right they run like a dream.

The Webers (both side and down draft) are OK but unless you're racing
(side draft) good SUs are better and a single SU is best, IMHO.

But, back in the day I was the guy who liked Carter over Holley and
Rochester.  Holleys are kinda like the Webers, when they're in doubt
they dump tons of fuel in the mix.