[Spridgets] Unusually Bad Gas Mileage

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 14:36:08 MDT 2012

Ignoring the conversion from US to UK gallons which I don't have handy it
seems like you're getting 16 mpg.

It won't be the engine having too big a carburettor but might be the
carburettor having jet sizes too big and thereby running too rich.   Your
starting point is to establish what the main jet and pump jet sizes are and  then
debate those sizes against the spec of the engine.

I don't think you can make a useful mpg comparasion to a racing spridget
unless your car has a racing engine making about the same power (like over a
hundred at the flywheel).

Weslake-Monza 1330