[Spridgets] help with early hardtop question

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Fri Aug 17 12:26:16 MDT 2012

Alan,

I'm a little confused. I always thought that a factory MKI top was the
rounded version you typically see on Bugeyes, and a MKII top was the
squared off design. I believe the rounded top will fit on both since
the windscreen and doors are configured the same. I don't know that
the rear seal fits as flush  as the contour of the rear deck is
different on a MKII. Smoothline made/makes a rounded version for a
MKII that looks very similar though... might the one you have be a
Smoothline?

Smootline:
http://www.smoothline.com/austin_healey_sprite.php

http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/SPRITE63/MKII_Hardtop?full=1