[Spridgets] ethanol

Kevin Valentine kevinv1275 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:16:04 MDT 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:50 AM, Dean Hedin wrote:

> The only solid data I have heard about was ethanol's negative
> impact on
> certain plastics.  Not rubber.

Dean,

I replaced the fuel hoses on my 71 Midget 3 times in a single year.
The hose was dissolving away on the inside and blocking up the jets
in the float bowls as well as blocking the fuel filters.  I didn't
have this problem when I could buy gas without ethanol added to it.
The hose was new (modern) hose from NAPA and Advance Auto.  I finally
replaced all the hose sections with VW braided hose no problems since.

Kevin V.
Tuscarora, Pa