[Spridgets] Carb sysn

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Thu Sep 1 14:24:24 MDT 2011

PCV ports should work.  But..........

Another wrench in the monkey works - what effect does the manifold crossover
have when trying to measure vacuum on the manifold side of the carbs?  I think
Tim's idea is best - measure airflow going into the carbs.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

On Sep 1, 2011, at 3:31 PM, "Mark Endicott" <mark at nashvilletn.org> wrote:

> Those two ports are for the PCV that attach to the timing chain cover on the
front of the engine through the "Y".  They don't effect the timing.  The early
cars had a single vacuum advance port on the body of one carb and the late
cars had a vacuum retard port on the intake manifold.  The late carbs had the
two PCV ports but no vacuum advance port on the crab body (72-74 I think).
Been there done that and had it wrong several times before I learned...