[Spridgets] Carb sysn

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Thu Sep 1 12:48:29 MDT 2011

Hal,

I think the vacuum advance port is just that - ported vacuum, not manifold
vacuum.  The port only opens when the throttle is opened.

Rick

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 1, 2011, at 2:44 PM, Hal Faulkner <frog.aye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rick,
> I have a pair of later HS2s that have vacuum ports on both carbs.  They are
from a later Midget (possibly California spec) and utilize the later spring
loaded needles.  It is possible that one could remove the Y connector and use
the individual ports to balance the carbs, but it would disable the vacuum
advance so would only be useful at or near idle..