[Spridgets] SU H1 Choke mechanism problem.

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Sun Oct 30 21:31:44 MST 2011

I originally sent this to the Morris list as that is what I was working.
I thought that it might also be of interest to the Spridgets list.

-------

I was having problems getting the choke mechanism on the H1 to operate smoothly, it would stick at odd places.
I did a thorough cleaning with Carb Cleaner, follow by a quick spray of Kroil.... it was still hard to move and the jet tube was sticking.

I had a can of Royal Purple Max-Chain that we used on my pals chainsaw and on my recumbent bike. It dries to a wax-like finish and doesn't seem to collect as much dirt and dust.

Sprayed it around the bars, springs,links and jet tube.

It now works like a charm - smooth as a baby's bum!

Just thought I'd mention it  NFI, yada, yada.

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it :|
'65 Sprite - running :)
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid