[Spridgets] Running rough - Now electrical question

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:39:58 MDT 2011

High idle indicates vacuum leaks. Try to wiggle the intake as well, as a
loose intake can cause problems. As far as the gas gauge, fan, tach issue,
pull all the wires off your fuse box, one at a time, and put them back on.
One of them is just corroded, and shutting it all down. I had the same issue
with our 68, gas gauge and tach would stop working, and within 90 seconds,
the car would die. The fuel pump was also in that circuit. I found the loose
spade connector on the fuse box, and gave it a slight crimp with some
pliers, so it would hold tighter, and so far, knock on wood (hits head) it
is working fine.

HTH
Brad

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Robert Weeks <lists at woozy.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Replaced the float seats & needles and finally the car is running well
> enough to drive it. I put over 50 miles on it today and as I was pulling
> back into my driveway the turn signal, heater fan, gas gauge and tach all
> stopped working. I checked the fuses and none of them are blown. I remember
> something like this happening once or twice before but can't remember what
> the fix was. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.
>
> One other thing, I can't get the car to idle at the recommended 800 - 1000
> RPM. With the idle adjuster screws close to all the way out it idles around
> 1500 RPM. I noticed that the idle will drop way down if I remove the oil
> cap. Then I noticed that there is no PCV valve in the hose that comes off
> the carbs to the crankcase breather. Would installing a PCV valve help bring
> down the idle? If so does anyone know what PCV from a modern car would work
> if I can't find one of the original PCV valves?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/