[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

Matt P pfeilmat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:58:30 MDT 2011

I was 10 and saw one modified for off road in an old 4 wheel drive magazine.
almost bought a MGB when I turned 16. THen in 1994 I got the 76 Spridget from
a friend who coudlnt fix it. Sold it to another friend and then bought a 78
Spridget. Ran that for a while and then bought the 76 back from the friend.
Now I am 36 and the only thing I have left that id LBC is a set of valve rods
for a 1500.

Matt P
On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:11 AM, Dave KK7SS wrote:

> Born and bred in London..
> So I never had anything else but LBC's
> Dad's first car was a 3-wheel Morgan, then a Ford Prefect.
> Grandpa and my uncles always had Jags.
> My first car was a very beat-up 1937 Austin 7, bought in 1959.
> Then a partially finished Rochdale Olympic on a Ford Anglia chassis - no
brakes and shot king-pins!
> Next came a MG YB (loved the free-wheel control on the dash), a modified
Cortina (my first ticket!), a Rally Escort (first time sideways!)