[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

Kristi & Lambert kristi74midget at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 12:46:11 MDT 2011

I am really not sure how old I was when I first saw an  MG, maybe 5 I think.
I grew up being my Dad's "Go Fer"  as in "Kristi go for that wrench." or
"Kristi go for that part" :-)  I would have to say that was when the LBC bug
got me.  I always teased my Dad that when he died I was going to get his
Midget and he would always tell me that he was going to get buried in it.

Over the years I have always had a love for these crazy cars and my Dad would
have me go on rallyes with him.  I also remember doing an autocross or two
with him, so he has helped keep the love alive within me so that someday I
would own my own LBC.

When my husband and I first started dating I would always talk about the cars
and he figured out that I still love the cars.  We got married, had some
issues with keeping pregnancies and to help cheer me up he got me mine.  He
had talked with my Dad and found a local person who was selling their '74
Midget.  On our 2 year wedding anniversary, he got my sister-in-law to drive
us both to go get the car (all a surprise to me as I had no idea where we were
going and why my sister-in-law was driving us).  Then after I got Mini Lee I
would not let my husband drive her so then he had to get his own.  So now we
have two LBC's and two daughters who fight over who is going to ride in which
Midget with Mom or Dad.

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget

Starting the LBC bug in my kids just like my Dad did with me :-)

<grunthaner at gmail.com>asks: