[Spridgets] No LBC.........Cable TV Corporate Greed

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Tue Oct 25 11:42:41 MDT 2011

OK, let me pipe in here. Digital antenna works great if you get one suitable
for the distance to the transmitter. I'm at least 75 miles in any direction
to any of the towers, requiring the best(most expensive) antenna.

One thing to consider is the media convergence that's accelerating... Roku,
Logitech, Boxee, Apple TV and Popbox all are delivering streaming media, via
your internet connection, in HD, to your TV. The one I like currently is the
Logitech Revue. $99 at Best Buy (reduced from $299). Logitech and Google had
some legal battles with some content delivery providers that have been
solved. The Logitech Revue turns your TV into a Google Smart TV, with Google
apps, etc. You get a wireless "querty keyboard" that also controls your TV,
AV receiver, cable or satellite box, etc. It allows you to use your TV as a
browser to surf the web. Get yourself a $7.95 Netflix streaming account, and
Bob's your uncle.

WST