[Spridgets] Nasty Boy First Drive - I Got a Sticker!

Heard Saxon heard at datatrontech.net
Tue Oct 25 09:45:21 MDT 2011

I second that!

Ya'll need to do what we did.  Get your governor to sit in line at one of
those inspections stations.  They were horribly inefficient here in Florida.
 I think it was Bob Graham that go to experience that bs one day and it
wasn't long before the inspection stations and all the associated feel-good
crap was gone for good.  I think this happened in the '70s.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Rick Fisk <refisk at chartermi.net> wrote:

> No "safety" or smog inspections required in my part of Michigan.  Can
> someone
> show me numbers that prove the "safety" inspections actually accomplish
> anything other than generating income for the government and the
> inspectors?
> Is your accident rate per XXX miles driven less than the accident rate for
> states without required inspections?
>
> California used to have a vehicle safety inspection program administered by
> the CHP.  When asked to prove that the program had a positive effect they
> couldn't do it and the program was ended.
>
> Rick
>
> Sent from my keyboard
>
> On Oct 25, 2011, at 8:51 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > You have to cultivate the right mechanic, or in my case, the mechanicess.
> >
> > Last time I went in for a sticker ($10), the girl who does them just
> filled
> out the form and gave me one.  I said, "Don't you want to see my lights?  I
> spent a long time gettinng them to work right, and they may not work right
> tomorrow."  She said, "OK.  Show me your lights."  And that was that.
> >
> > She didn't ask to see anything else.  :-(
> >
> > Michael Rowe
> > '74 Bugeyed Midget
> > Long Island, NY
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net