[Spridgets] No LBC.........Cable TV Corporate Greed

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 09:20:30 MDT 2011

Why do you require cable?  Are you not able to receive transmitted signals in
your location?  Do you have an old TV that doesn't receive digital signals?

I'm guessing that you could get an external antenna and a generic digital
converter box and do without cable completely.

And yes there is incredible greed among the cable companies.  (Among lots of
businesses actually.)  Cable TV companies make a lot of money, as do telephone
companies, cellphone companies, etc., but they are always looking for more.
I'm always looking for more too but I haven't had a paycheck since March so
it's a different story with me.  Our local cable company and telephone company
sure charge us an awful lot of money, for very little service.  Near the first
of the summer I was getting tired of the cable outages and having to call the
cable company frequently to complain, so I kept a log.  In about 42 days I had
18 days with outages, but they still charged me for those days and they
refused to come to my house to fix it.  We pay about $50 per month for our
home telephone and very rarely use it.  We make or receive 1-3 calls per week
and that's about it.  Our service went out a couple of weeks ago, as we found
out it was a problem with their wiring in our alley.  It took them 4 days to
come out and fix it, but we still get charged for those 4 days.  I don't like
the cost of cable TV, internet, or phone, but what bothers me most about it is
after paying such high prices the service is so terrible.