[Spridgets] Brake Fluid

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 17 12:51:31 MDT 2011

Reading about the opinions concerning silicone vs "regular" brake
fluid reminded me that I have a quart of silicone fluid out in the
garage. I remember few of the details about ordering it - I must have
ordered it in the late 70's or 80's. The can says:

Silicone Brake Fluid SBF 1141
Dot 5
Boiling point 700 Degrees F
Non-hydroscopic
32 oz
Time Machines Inc
13 Neptune Ave
Brooklyn, NY

I don't remember what I paid, but now it is antique and the tin plate
can now has a patina (don't call it rust) that probably increases the
value of the product. It's even unopened! I don't think Time Machines
Inc. is around any longer.

btw, I used LMA when I rebuilt the brake system.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/